June 25, 2020 - Uganda
"...with your blood, you purchased for God, persons from every tribe and language - Rev. 5:9 NIV
Last week, we spoke or met with over 200 pastors and congregants representing several tribes and languages who received a Bible this year. Most had never owned a personal Bible because the price is a month's income or more.
VOICES RECEIVING A BIBLE EARLIER THIS YEAR
- Okware Robert, 39 years old, was born blind and is married with six children. He received his first Bible in February in his language, Lugandan. His sixth grade daughter reads to him what the pastor has said in church and now, "I will mature in the knowledge of Jesus and serve Him."
- Kirabira Geturide, 84 years old, is now reading her first Bible in Lugandan. She has been going to church for the last 62 years without a Bible. She is "Happy to own her own Bible for the first time."
- Blind lady - "I can't read because I am blind. My grandchild reads to me. This is one of the happiest moments in my life to hear the Bible read in my home. I love to hear the Bible stories of how God spoke to others. And now another generation is reading and hearing the Word of God."
- Chairman of a Church Association - "These Bibles came as the church stopped meeting physically. Those who received the Bibles now have God speaking to them through His Word"...despite not being able to attend church because of COVID.
- 89 year old retired pastor - For 50 years of serving as pastor, he never had a Bible in his language, Samia. Recently, the Lusamia Lugwe Bible was introduced. Now, he reads the Bible in his own language and teaches it to his grandchildren.
- A Christian for 40 years - "I listened to pastor each Sunday. Now I can read what the pastor is preaching from and correct him when he is preaching what is not written in the Bible. When you have the Word of God in your hand, you can understand the right words of God."
The Talking Bible - 22% of Ugandan pastors are illiterate, as well as many in their congregations.
We want these people to hear the Word of God in their own language.
We are partnering with Talking BIbles to bring solar and battery powered audio Bibles to those who are hungry for God's Word in Africa but cannot afford an audio Bible.
The Talking Bible gives non-readers the chance to learn about God.
Talking Bibles can reach many who would never otherwise hear God's Word in their language.
Help us invest in every tribe and every African tongue who needs to hear the Word of God
- pray for funds to provide these audio Bible
- donate $50 to help to purchase 400 Talking Bibles which we should be in country by September. Donate to Africa Bible Project at the Disciple Makers Network via credit card or check designating the gift as "Bibles."
(Disciple Makers Network is a tax exempt non-profit, which supports Christian ministries which advance the Gospel around the world. 100% of all contributions designated for use to support ministers are sent to the mission field.)
Hi, I'm Mike. We at the Africa Bible Project believe that Bibles are a necessary tool in the Life of every African Christian.
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 1
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 20px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results